· 2023 February global sales totaled 327,718 units, up 7.3% Y/y
⋯ Hyundai Motor sold 262,703 units outside of Korea, a 4.1% increase Y/y
⋯ Sales in Korea increased 22.6% Y/y to 65,015 units
· Last month, Hyundai sold over 20,000 EVs, with IONIQ 5 and IONIQ 6 accounting for more than half
· More details about the all-new KONA, including EV model, to be unveiled in March
SEOUL, March 2, 2023 – Hyundai Motor Company today announced its February 2023 global sales of 327,718 units, a 7.3 percent increase year-over-year. Despite the continued uncertainties in the business environment, the company maintained its robust sales momentum due to strong demand for Hyundai vehicles.
In February, sales outside of Korea increased by 4.1 percent to 262,703 units. Solid performance on a wholesale basis in the North American and European markets as well as the Indian and ASEAN markets helped drive momentum.
Sales in Korea were up 22.6 percent from a year earlier to 65,015 units due to the introduction of new models, including the all-new Grandeur (badged as Azera outside of Korea), and strong demand for SUV models. In Korea, the Grandeur sold nearly 10,000 units and Hyundai’s SUV models collectively sold about 20,000 units.
Hyundai Motor maintained its electric vehicle (EV) sales momentum by selling over 20,000 units in February, led by IONIQ 5 and IONIQ 6, which accounted for more than half of the total EV sales.
To meet its customers’ diverse needs, Hyundai Motor will continue implementing various measures to deliver the world’s best products, including the all-new KONA, Santa Fe and IONIQ 5 N, the company’s first high-performance EV. More details about these new models will be shared in the near future.
Hyundai Motor will disclose more details about the all-new KONA in March. The upscaled B-SUV will be available in multiple powertrain variants, including EV, hybrid (HEV), and internal combustion engine (ICE), with sporty N Line versions of each, depending on market and trim level.
1. Sales in Korea is based on retail sales while overseas sales (global sales excluding Korea) is based on wholesales.
2. Sales results include sedan, SUV and CV models produced by Hyundai Motor.
3. This press release contains forward-looking statements that are based on current expectations about possible future events. Our actual results may differ due to a variety of factors.